Our Client is a relevant company in the fintech industry that operates globally under authorisation of the UK Financial Conduct Authority. To support its development our Client is looking to hire a senior software engineer to reinforce its software development team in London.
The Senior Software Engineer should be expert with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Senior Software Engineer is to participate in building high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical designs, in addition to providing support to the client base and Principal Software Engineer.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- To participate and provide support to the software engineering team and client base.
- To deliver software components to enable the Company products.
- To assist in design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies.
- To aid consistent use of shared platform components and technologies within the Company.
- To assist in the design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the estate.
- To contribute to best practice for application development.
- To assist in writing unit and integration tests, within test environments to ensure code quality.
- To assist in defining the team’s technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps and migration plans to achieve strategic goals.
- To write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation.
- To deputise the Lead Technical Architect to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- To aid the automation of the entire deployment process on all environments.
- To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all output.
- To monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties on a regular basis.
- To mentor and assist in the professional development of the Junior Software Engineers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrable background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience building commercial software applications/solutions
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Technologies (preferably the MS tech stack, Azure, SaaS, PaaS and CaaS)
- Extensive experience working on complex, time sensitive software projects
- Knowledge of object-oriented programs, SQL, web application development, security and open source technologies
- Creating /maintaining accurate and current system documentation to serve as reference points for all staff and support future development of the system
- Expert knowledge of the software development process and related technologies
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Expert knowledge of C#, .NET Framework & .NET Core
- Expert knowledge of Angular.
- Expert knowledge of the 365 suite, particularly Dynamics and SharePoint (preferred)
- Mobile app development experience (preferred)
- Project management lead experience
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION & CULTURE
- Experienced preferably in the FX and payments industry.
- Willing to communicate to the business at large and be considered as the go-to resource for development support in the business.
- Collaborates across the business and works closely with all teams.
- Understands, embraces and adds to the culture of Company. Acts as an ambassador for the business and its business model.
- High level of professional communication skills both in verbal and written formats.
- Personable and has the skills to build rapport and establish personal relationships.
- Demonstrate good people skills and become a valued member of Company’s team.
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned tasks, components and the platform.
- Takes decisions and is accountable for them with minimal supervision.
- Start-up mentality: If the ball is falling, catch it!
- Above the market salary and attractive fringe benefits package.
- Role will be office based and appointed individual will be required to work from this location except from on external appointment.
- Management will carry out periodic performance and competency assessment.
- A period of 25 days annual leave will be provided.
- International and multicultural working environment